OUR RETURNS POLICY
All refund rights under both State and Commonwealth law apply.
All our products come with a minimum 12 months warranty.
Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and failure does not amount to a major failure. If the failure is minor, we reserve our right to offer to repair only.
Please read the following carefully to ensure you are fully aware of your rights under the policy and our obligations to you.
Canceling an order
- If Retail Hippo agrees, you may be allowed to cancel an order, pre-order or backorder as long as your items hasn’t been dispatched from us by sending us an email *This will incur a 20% cancellation and restocking fee.
- If your order has already been dispatch, unfortunately, you can no longer cancel your order as it has already left us.
When you change your mind
- With change your mind or wrong item ordered you have 7 days to return your items at your own expense after written permission from us (some exclusion apply) for a refund or exchange minus a 20% restocking fee excluding shipping as long as it is returned in original saleable condition with original proof of purchase. Your refund will be provided using your original payment method once the item has been received and checked.
- By saleable condition we mean that the item hasn’t been opened or used, is still in its original packaging and all manuals, packaging, and accessories are included.
- Computer games, CDs, and DVDs are unable to be returned for change of mind.
- If you can’t provide proof of purchase and the item is nationally branded we will be unable to provide you with an exchange coupon or refund.
- If you can’t provide proof of purchase for any RetailHippo exclusive products, you will be asked to provide identification containing your full name. We will record your name and form of identification provided, and we’ll offer you an exchange coupon to the value of the current price of that product.
Excluded change of mind items
The following items can not be returned or cancelled if you change your mind:
- Cosmetics (if hygiene seal is broken)
- Beauty products
- Pierced jewellery
- Gift cards, phone recharge or third party gift cards
- Computer/Console Games
- Electronics/Computer Parts
- Furniture & Mattresses
- Back Orders / Pre Orders / Special Orders
Damaged / Warranty items:
You should check your Goods within 48 hours of receiving your order to ensure that: (i) they are what you ordered; and (ii) they are not damaged or faulty. Any further delays in checking your items may result in your damaged/faulty in transit claim being rejected.
When returning items, We recommend that you keep your original item packaging if possible. Should you need to return an item for repair under warranty and not have the original packaging, you will bear the responsibility for safely packaging your Item for transport and RetailHippo accepts no liability for any damage that may occur in transit.
We reserve the right to charge you for any postage costs incurred for returns should we find the item not have a problem or if you’ve changed your mind.
A refund or replacement will not be provided if items are being misused, mishandled or mistakenly installed. Customers are responsible for following the instructions and advice given by the manufacturers.
You are not entitled to any refund or exchange just because any packaging is damaged in transit. The packaging exists to protect the Goods themselves.
RetailHippo will accept returns and provide you with an exchange voucher, refund (refund will be provided using original payment method) or repair where:
- The item is faulty or is not of acceptable quality, or
- The item is not fit for its intended purpose, or
- The product does not match the sample or our description; and
- You can present a RetailHippo receipt or other adequate proof of purchase
RetailHippo may elect to return the product to the manufacturer’s repair agent to determine the nature of the problem. We reserve the right not to offer an exchange voucher, refund or repair where the item fault is a result of misuse or neglect.
Please be aware that data (including, but not limited to, images, music and video) may be lost during the repair process of electrical and electronic products. It is the responsibility of the customer to ensure that all personal data is deleted before return to RetailHippo.
Goods presented for repair may be replaced by refurbished goods of the same type rather than being repaired. Refurbished parts may be used to repair goods.
Proof of Purchase
Returns, refunds, exchanges or repair requests must be accompanied by any one of the following proof of purchase documents:
- Original register receipt from instore purchase
- Online Tax Invoice (order confirmations will not be accepted)
- Financial Statement (i.e bank statement, credit card statement)
- Proof of purchase is the original RetailHippo receipt or bank statement.
For further information, please contact our Customer Support via email on firstname.lastname@example.org